Wednesday, March 25, 2020

TRIPPING ACCRA IN STYLE


                                       TRIPPING ACCRA IN STYLE

  Commuting from one place to another is a basic thing in our everyday lives. As the world evolves, there are technological advancements in every sector and transportation is no different.
   In the past,the means of commuting from one place to another was by foot then it developed to other varied forms of transportation.
   Transportation in Ghana has dated as far back as 1898 when the first rail line was constructed from Takoradi to Tarkwa for gold to be exploited commercially and the first road created between Accra Harbor currently known as Jamestown and Dodowa to Larteh in1905 for the exportation of palm fruits.
   As part of every government's priority, bus services are established. The Omnibus Service Authority was one of the first bus services that was operated
in the country from 1927 to 1995. Of course one cannot not mention bus services in Ghana and not mention the still existing Intercity STC formerly called State Transport Corporation (STC). Its emergence came out of the idea of establishing a national bus carrier back to 1909.Then in 20013, the MMT was established to fulfill the need for a mass transit bus system which would provide reliable and affordable means of transport for commuters to their various destinations.
   Now, thinking of a well fitted,high tech public transportation? Then Aayalolo is your answer.
    Aayalolo is a quality bus-based transit system that delievers fast,reliable,safe and affordable urban mobility with rapid and frequent operations. The bus service is operated by the Greater Accra Passenger Transport Executive(GAPTE) and its operations seek to regulate and coordinate urban passenger transport activities in Accra.
             


For the everyday typical Ghanaian looking forward to get to their destination safe and in comfort ayaalolo is their own form of Bentley. With the various options of public transport ayaalolo stands out not only for its affordability but because of its high tech features.The bus is fitted to bring comfort to passengers as well as ensure their safety and give them a pleasant ride.Personally I had one of my pleasant transport experiences onboard an ayaalolo bus. As a student and young adult,of course my phone is my bestfriend. The night before,I had used my phone throughout then just when I was about to charge, ECG took their light oh!! I fell asleep tired of waiting for the lights to come back only for me to wake up and find out that my phone was just 10 percent and I was already 20 minutes late for the the morning class. And the thought of traffic at Okponglo alone drove me crazy. Then i saw a notification that i had to turn in an assignment which i thought was to be submitted next week that very day. My day couldn't get worse. I waited for 30 minutes for a car i felt relief wash over me when an ayaalolo bus approaching. Once i got onboard,i took out my phone hoping to start something but my phone went all of a sudden. Yie!!! I just lost 25 good marks. Call it bad luck or whatever but my day got worse. It was a chilly morning but i was sweating so much that the lady seated beside me asked if i was okay.


Just then realised that the seat before me had a USB port behind it. Likely i had a chord so i plugged it in and Ou la la!! My phone was charging,what a relief!! I quickly began to the work and in no time i was done. Then i found out to my utmost surprise that the bus was also fiited with wifi."Aburokyer3 aba Ghana"(I didn't not spare the WiFi oo I used it to my satisfaction ankasa).For the first time getting stuck in Opkonglo traffic was awesome.
Once I got to the bus stop where I was supposed to get off, I didn't have to yell "mate bus stop!!". I just pressed a red button and the bus came to a stop. I hadn't smiled the whole day but after I got off I was full of smiles.
The bus is also fitted with features that makes it user friendly for people living with disabilities. There is a feature that allows them get onboard with ease and a designated spot for them to sit with comfort. Not only that there are designated seats for pregnant women, lactating mothers and the aged where they can be comfortable without being disturbed by other passengers.
Check out my podcast, Technology In Transportation, on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/queenie-amonoo
Short on cash? There's no need to worry,once you have an ayaalolo card that you've topped up there's no need to worry about not having money. You just need to validate payment by showing the card unto a terminal in the bus once you get on board and doing the same once you're getting off board. Money can be transferred from mobile money wallets unto the card anywhere by using your phone and dialling *447*10# on MTN and AirtelTigo. The management is looking forward to extending the service to other networks.
Who said public transportation couldn't be comfortable. Public transportation just got better!!!!!

Ayaalolo is your safest bet if you're looking forward to having a pleasant public transport experience.
By: Thelma Dede Amedeku
Gif: react gif
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelma-amedeku-9404511a6
https://m.facebook.com/Thelma-Dede-Amedeku-104443867896702/?_rdr
Twitter:@T_amedeku
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DcGtUSe45PPU&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiJ5-WCrrT  ftoAhUM3aQKHTaACB8QtwIwCnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw31MDUypZE_4vi1I28vnwkA

No comments:

Post a Comment